Friday, April 30, 2010

Applying for USA spouse visa, do you know how long it takes?

I have applied 3 weeks ago for USA Spouse visa. My husband is american and we have lived together in UK for 2 years. After 3 weeks I received a letter from USA confirming that they have received the payment and they gave us my case number. The petition has still not been approved, because apprently it takes more time to approve the petition.





My husband says because they have already sent us a confirmation of the payment after 3 weeks, it's a good sign meaning that the process is gonna be quick. But I don't think that means anything, because when the petition is approved, it means that the process has begun.





What do you think? Do you have any idea how long it takes to get the green card? I am considering 1 year to 1.5 years , is that normal? Do you have experience? Any suggestions welcome!Applying for USA spouse visa, do you know how long it takes?
Your expectation of 12-18 months is probably accurate. When my husband and I were making the decision as to who would immigrate to the others country, we did all the research, including timelines. It is possible it could be done within 9 months, but as it stands right now, there are some backlogs in some areas of the bureaucracy. If you figure on 12-18 months, and allow for it to possibly be longer, then you won't get hit by any surprises as far as time it takes.


Good luck, and hope it goes fast for you!Applying for USA spouse visa, do you know how long it takes?
That is about right they have to do an extensive background check through all agencys..
I think it varies from country to country. It took about a year for friends who went that route in brazil. You're right about the receipt, they're easy to send out, processing applications is a little more tougher.
I am actually in the process of applying for my husband as well. I am a US citizen and we're about to send in the I-130 at the end of this month. I'm glad to see you got a response so quickly. I hope it goes that quick for us. I have been told that a US Citizen fixing papers for someone can take as little as 6 months to get the green card. But it can also take longer than a year depending on the situation. Good Luck with your immigration stuff. I hope it goes that fast for us.
  • facial moisturizer
  • makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment