Friday, April 30, 2010

What documentation do you need to buy property in Italy as a US Citzn if a spouse is unable to be present?

The Italian Notaio is saying that it is illegal in Italy to have property in just a one spouse name and that I would have to be physically present along with my husband. We thought it could be just in my husband's name. Any information would be appreciated.What documentation do you need to buy property in Italy as a US Citzn if a spouse is unable to be present?
I don't know about Italy, but if you were going to do that in the US I think you would need a Limited Power of Attorney. Does Italy have something similar that you could do? That would grant someone else to temporarily act on your or your husband's behalf.





From here I would consult with an experienced Italian real estate attorney.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment