Friday, April 30, 2010

Has your spouse ever made you feel insecure?

My wife called an Ex-boyfriend behind my back. She did it to catch up on old times. He was the one that actually emailed her and asked if they could chat a bit on the phone. She was really sorry about this and promised not to call him again.


I have not gotten over this yet but I don't bring it up anymore as if I do she gets mad and she said I should let it go. , it has been about 2 weeks. I feel a bit insecure about the whole situation.


Has anything like this ever happened to you. Has your spouse ever made you feel insecure?
I have contacted my ex too. It didnt mean anything. You need to let it go and stop bringing it up. Has your spouse ever made you feel insecure?
I can say that I think about people from my past both male and female, and consider reaching out to them to catch up, but it is just out of curiosity not any feeling of unhappiness with my husband. I trust my husband and know that if he were to feel the same way I would trust him to make those connections without feeling threatened. I know that he loves me and I love him. That is what is most important, if he didn't trust me it would hurt.
My husband still gets calls from his ex. Their two children are grown and gone. For many years and yet, she still calls. It bothers me. She will send him a text for his birthday, fathers day and all the other holidays. Greetings and wishes. It bothers me. He said it should not since nothing is going on between them. Then, I asked him how he would like it if I got the same from my ex. When I turned the tables, his tone changed on the subject real quick and sent his ex a message telling her to stop it all.
She should never have done that, you need to go to marital counseling together and the fact she gets mad is even worse. Tell her she has two options, go to joint counseling or divorce and she gets zero.
A phone call is nothing. Just wait till your spouse tell his friends wife he wants to have sex with her. Then you can complain.
my wife questions every single decision i make, yes, she tries (and occasionally) succeeds.
That has never happened to me, you should try marriage counselor.
Yeah, she did but it was harmless fun.
No he hasnt
That situation would never happen with me because my first husband had died while we were married. I don't have an ex.





However, the reason you gave for feeling insecure doesn't make sense. Talking over the phone is nothing and it's not really a ';behind your back'; situation. Was she supposed to talk to him while you were sitting there in front of her? If she had met him for lunch or something, that would be behind your back. I can see why you'd wanna monitor the situation, though.





As long as you're doing your part as a husband, there should be nothing to feel insecure or regret over. Even if she fancies this guy, if she does something foul like cheat on you, you can take comfort in knowing that you never did anything wrong and that she has a character flaw- not you. If you guys have an honest marriage, her promise to not call him anymore is probably genuine. If she was just catching up with the guy, there isn't really anymore reason to talk to him anyway. He should have caught her up during that initial phone call. If there are subsequent phone calls, then you should worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment