Friday, April 30, 2010

If I am an attorney, can I represent my spouse in court?

I am planning on becoming an attorney here in Florida, but I wanted to ask whether or not WHEN I BECOME LICENSED, I would be able to represent my spouse in court? I wasn't sure if there were any rules about that. If anyone has any links to more information, it's definitely appreciated! Thanks! :)If I am an attorney, can I represent my spouse in court?
In civil court, sure you can, unless there is a conflict of interest.





In criminal court you can unless you might be called as a witness yourself, or are a victim.





It's often not a good idea, but it's not illegal.





RichardIf I am an attorney, can I represent my spouse in court?
You can but it is not a good idea.
I think you have a long way to go buddy if you don't yet know what you are doing. Keep up the studying. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment