Saturday, January 9, 2010

How can I tell if my spouse has Spy ware on my PC?

We are divorcing If I can get away alive. I think he has NPD personality disorder and controls everything! I recently quite giving him my pay stubs but he still knows what I made. I think he has bug on the PC but I dont know what to look for. anyone know?How can I tell if my spouse has Spy ware on my PC?
These are some choices:





1) AVG 8 AntiVirus. Easiest interface to use, very fast scanning and doesn't lag your computer at all. Only has a 76% detection rate, but catches the most harmful of viruses. If you're a normal home user, you're not in too much danger of higher level viruses and this is the AV for you:


http://www.filehippo.com/download_avg_an鈥?/a>





PS:for this one, use the download lastest version on the top right of the page





2) Avast! 4 AntiVirus. Smaller, sleeker skin, average scanning speed, but reports alot of safe files as viruses, so you might need to watch out for that. 78% detection rate, but alot more complicated than most other free AVs. Use this if you are handy with a computer and you know what needs to be scanned:


http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.ht鈥?/a>





3) Avira AntiVirus. Simple layout, which even the most basic of users can navigate. Incredibly fast scanning, with a 90% detection rate. Not as easy on the eyes as other AVs, and you need to know what you're doing to get the more advanced features, but it is definite a candidate:


http://www.free-av.com/en/download/index鈥?/a>


Personally I use AVG, but only because I go for the easier interface. If you are paranoid about viruses then the only real option is Avira. But if you just want normal protection, then any of the three will do it for you.





For any spyware problems, get SpyBot - Search and Destroy:


http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirro鈥?/a>


And for protecting your computer for malware or tracking cookies, use Ad-Aware 2008 Free Edition:


http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_fr鈥?/a>





All of them are free, as powerful as paid programs, like McAfee and Norton (which only has an 18% detection rate!), and don't use up as many resources.


Just boot into Safe Mode (Press F8 when turning on the computer) and run full scans





I personally use AVG, it has great detection and the menu is easy to navigate.Hope this helpsHow can I tell if my spouse has Spy ware on my PC?
Unless unusual things start happening on the PC such as certain files get corrupted or deleted and it goes slower then usual you can't really tell, best get Spybot Search and Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.h鈥?/a> to scan the PC that should help target any spyware or viruses that the computer may have. Spybot is VERY useful when you want to protect your PC, it is the best Anti-Virus (that is free) software that I have used.
Download one of the following anti-spywares:





Spybot Search %26amp; Destroy


Lavsoft Ad-Aware





And scan your computer.


They are both free and pretty good. =)
Try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Spybot

No comments:

Post a Comment