Saturday, January 9, 2010

What would you do if your spouse did not like visiting your parents ?

My parents are in their 60's my dads health is not real good - my wife always make excuses not to visit them --my parents are about 20 miles away --- I see them barely once a month ..What would you do if your spouse did not like visiting your parents ?
Go by yourself. They are YOUR parents not your wife's. Some people just don't click. Do not make her feel guilty or obligated to visit. Next time you are going for a visit just say ';This Saturday I'm going to visit my folks around noon if you want to go.';





I'm not particularly fond of my in-laws and my hubby wont go with out me...... I wish he would.What would you do if your spouse did not like visiting your parents ?
they are your parents, listen to me....call them weekly, go see them when you can, trust me, if something happens to one of them you will blame yourself. If you werent married, would you visit them? Dont use your wife as an excuse. Go see them, tell them you love them, just the fact that you are asking the question means that you feel guilty about it. You will feel so much better if you start visiting and calling them, send your mom a card, tell her how much you love her and how you know how hard it is for her since your dad is sick. Good luck, your parents probably dont want any presents for christmas, just you to visit, and call them, make that their present this year.
Well that is way to close to only see them once a month. Tell her what's up and she needs to act like a wife and support you in visiting them. My fiance doesn't like visiting my family, but thats because we have to drive close to 7 hours to get to them, but once were there we have a good time, granted by the end of our visit we're more than ready to leave!!!! Good luck
You shouldn't let her tell you what you want to do. That isn't fair. If your dad isn't feeling well you should still go see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment