Saturday, January 9, 2010

What causes a person to be extremely uncomfortable with physical, emotional, & sexual intimacy toward spouse?

He's always been this way, from day one. I know he loves me, though.





He has denied cheating, being gay, or being abused.





It's been suggested to me that he might have been abused and blocked it out.





I don't know how much longer I can live this way. It makes for quite a lonely marriage!What causes a person to be extremely uncomfortable with physical, emotional, %26amp; sexual intimacy toward spouse?
I'm old fashioned. I disagree that he truly loves you even though he says he does. ';With my body I thee worship.';used to be a part of the religious wedding ceremony and I believe it is a wise vow. No marriage between a man and a woman can long survive without physical intimacy. That is the real purpose of marriage to beget children and it can not be done without intimacy.





Hope this helps even though it is not a complete answer to your question.As I said, I'm old fashioned.What causes a person to be extremely uncomfortable with physical, emotional, %26amp; sexual intimacy toward spouse?
Now is the time to see a counselor. Even if he won't go with you, go alone. You may be assigned some eye-opening reading materials, or the discussions you have with the counselor may help you to be better at communication with your husband.





It will eventually be necessary for your husband to participate in counseling to resolve this and to ';work on it';.





Your own anxieties and gnawing questions can be addressed initially, though.





In answering your question, it is very possible that some experience in your husband's childhood has caused him shame or fear. It is very possible to have been ';abused'; or emotionally misguided without his realizing or calling it by that name.
if you were touched as a child this can happen. Hopefully, this didn't happen to you. Wishing you the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment