Saturday, January 9, 2010

How do you deal with your spouse who has extreme obsessive compulsive disorder?

If she/he's not in treatment, get them to go. If they ARE in treatment and there is a worsening of symptoms, you may have to ask them to get a reevaluation on their treatment and/or medication. The best thing is to be understanding, honest, and tactful when telling them.How do you deal with your spouse who has extreme obsessive compulsive disorder?
If she is not seeing any help for this than I would defiently suggust to her to go and seek some proffesional help. As far as dealing with her problem I don't see how you can avoid the problem other than supporting her and looking at the good quality's that attracted you to her in the first place. I am sure that this must be hard on you but don't forget that she is the one dealing with the problem but I hope that you can focus on the good and not the bad and just show support and that's all you can do. Best of Luck.How do you deal with your spouse who has extreme obsessive compulsive disorder?
take them to a psychologist for medicine. this will help if you remind them to take the daily dose.
Tell her it is becoming a serious problem and you think she may need to take some medication. I am on Luvox for it. Works okay, I'm alot better about it than I was.
i take paxil for my ocd. suggest that your spouse see a psychiatrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment