Saturday, January 9, 2010

Who is the main person to say sorry 1st out of you and your spouse?

In your marriage who is the main person to say sorry first?





Do you say sorry just for the sake to end the argument?





is it wrong to say sorry first just for the sake to end or prevent an argument even if you feel you were right?Who is the main person to say sorry 1st out of you and your spouse?
My husband is almost always the one to apologize because honestly, I have much better control over myself than he has over himself. He loses his temper more than I do (I do VERY rarely) and therefore does more that needs to be apologized for.





I never say I'm sorry just for the sake of ending the argument. What good would that do? That only leads to suppressed anger and resentment. I tell my husband how I feel and if I'm not satisfied, we talk it out.





I *do* think my husband will apologize when he's not sorry for the sake of ending the argument though. When he's still angry he's not sorry yet but he will say he is just to get things over with. I always get a more sincere apology later though, after he's cooled off.Who is the main person to say sorry 1st out of you and your spouse?
At times it's not so much about who should say it first. I know we all have pride and feel that if the other one is wrong he or she should apologize first. Yet, there is a way to say sorry indirectly - or without saying it out loud - by saying that you understand his point of view and agree to some point but... and this is where you explain how you feel. You can also mention that you didn't intend to hurt him by expressing your point of view, and if that's the case you are truly sorry.





On the other hand, some arguments are just not worth your while. As times goes by you probably won't remember who was wrong and who was right. In the end it all depends on the issue. Good luck
The one that was actually wrong, should be the one to apologize. But I guess once in awhile, the other person needs do do it, even though they weren't wrong, to end the argument and have peace in the family. My ex would just about never apologize for anything, even if she was the one that was wrong. It just wasn't in her to ever admit that she was wrong, and she would fight it to the bitter end. Maybe that's part of why she's my ex. It takes a special kind of person to admit it when they're wrong, and I guess that just wasn't her. So most of the time I would do the apology thing, no matter who was wrong. Looking back, I'm glad I did because I now know that I was a better person than she was.
my husband is the one whol apologises first, all the time.. just love him to bits for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment