Monday, December 28, 2009

Do you love your spouse more than your child?

In our home I love my wife and kids equally, but I've heard of people loving one over the other. Are you one of them and if so, why?Do you love your spouse more than your child?
As a Christian, I put God first, my husband next and then my children. Now I realize there are times when my kids' needs will be more important, I still put my marriage before them. You cannot have happy children if the marriage is not happy. It all works together to balance it out. I try to live by Proverbs 31 and Ephesians 5. Do you love your spouse more than your child?
Packers g you got it right on. The thing is I am not a father but if I was then I will always put my child #1. But if I have to put my wife first guess what i want a divorce. My kid's happiness is #1.

Report Abuse



As a relationship coach and Marriage Mentor, I highly advocate your love and commitment for your wife and marriage over any other priority. It's not a matter of ';more'; but in different ways. But... be careful not to set your love for your children as a priority over your marraige relationship.





While your love for your children should be nonetheless of the highest importance, you should always remember, that before the children came the marriage. When the children are long gone, it's still the marriage.





If you're not careful, the love for he children will compete, and your closeness and love for the spouse will greatly diminish.





When a couple loves their children as much as the spouse, the authority and priority of marriage will always come second place, which is extremely unhealthy. How? Because it is natural for children to place higher demands on the parents.





As well, which includes Barna statistics, is is much more healthy both short term and long term, for the children, to see that both parents are as ';one';, and the children come after.





Not to mention, the enormous complexities that often follow vying for attention and the struggles with favoritism because ';everyone is on equal ground';.





There should be no question that wife and husband comes first. If not, it will be only a matter of time that wife and husband will come second. Then, that couple will join the many unfortunate statistics of unhappy couples, living for their children, lost the love for one another, living separate lives with separate friends, separate goals and dreams.





Which, unfortunately, usually heads to divorce court. This is truth, and factual.





Make it work!
I don't love them equally, but I do love them differently. The love of a father for his daughters (in my case) is very different from the love I feel for my wife. They are so different, that I honestly cannot say that one is ';more'; than the other. It may be a cop-out, but it is neither more, less, nor equal for me, simply different.
I think I love my spouse more but I would sacrifice more for the kids because they are more vulnerable. On second thought, that means I love the kids more doesn't it? Well, I love being with my spouse more than the kids right now. The baby is hard work and the two toddlers are a handful. The five year old gets out of control. My relationship with hubby doesn't hurt and it's fun and for the most part - he gives me less grief! The kids give me tons of joy too - but yeah - I have to say - they taught me even more about what love really means. Having another living being being totally completely dependent on you as a newborn - that's total sacrifice and that's one of the things that love is - sacrifice. But, if I had a choice on who to spend dinner with tonight - the kids or my hubby - I'd choose to go on a date with him hands down and take a break from the kids! Well, I guess it's just different kinds of love too - I mean I love hubby in a special way or these kids wouldn't be here!
My husband went through this a few months ago. He was so upset that I love our son more then him (so you say) and that he loved me and our son equally. He did some research into and read a book and found out that it is normal for the mother to love the kids more then she loves her spouse and for the father to love everyone equally if no the mother more. I don't know, but I do know that I love them both so much it doesn't really make a difference!
The love of a spouse and the love of ones children are different. There is a difference, and neither should be put before the other. When it comes to the love of your children, you may favor one over the other but you will love both of them the same. Favoring one is usually confused in thinking you love one over the other. All those who can love their children more than their spouse do not really love their spouse. I'm sure many will deny it and I suggest they reread my answer.
Iam a 43 yr old male, and I have to say that I love my kid more than I love my wife.my wife is my wife by (Law) a piece of paper. all I need to do is get a lawyer and its over, but my daughter is part me she will always be my daughter, and nothing can change that she didn't ask to be here, and she has a Future in front of her my wife well she is where she wants to be in life, and I want my daughter to have more than the both of us.
Love for a spouse is different. I loved my spouse differently then I loved my son. I loved them both dearly. The love that I had for my spouse allowed me to marry him and have his/our child. I would say at that time my love was for my spouse was stronger than it was for my child. They both were my everything regardless.
Personally, I love my daughter more. Shes 2 and the light of my life. My husband always says that I am #1 and he loves me more. He says that if something happened to her, we could have another but he could never replace me. Sweet, but kind of pisses me off that he would think that about her. I know alot of people that say that they love their spouse more. I dont feel that way.
Well since I'm on my way to divorce, it's my son. I love him to death.. During the marriage and the problems we had, I got much more attention, affection from my boy than my wife. As painful as it is, I wouldn't change this for the world. Rank in order is suppose to be


God and Family equally...
I'm a Christian


I'm a wife


I'm a mother





In that order.





My husband is, and will always be first; that doesn't mean i love him more, though.





I chose my husband, and together we chose to have a baby. Our son will one day leave us %26amp; the two of us will grow old together.
You love them equally but it is a different kind of love for each one. While your child is young, I think that they should take first priority...after all, they can't take care of themselves at all. As they get older it can shift and change a bit...
You can never compare the love for a spouse and love for a child.They are completely different and can't compensate or stand in place of each other.You need both.Its like asking to choose between the right eye and left eye.
Why play such idiotic hurtful games in your head? Pitting one against the other? Where does that lead? To Heartache Town, mister, and you're the Mayor.





Can't you love them in different ways with equal intensity?






My kids are my life i love them more because my wife is not fulfilling her role as a wife and i have lost respect for her, she wants to live with out sex now.
One of the many ways our society is in decay. Your spouse always comes first. It took the two of you to conceive a child.





Or you can raise the intercourse trophy on your own.
i love my daughter more... my daughter is apart of me she is my world. and though i love my husband i love my daughter with a love that can not be matched.
Men would choose their wife over the kids.





Women would choose the kids over their husband.





Usually...





That's just the way it is.
I guess that that would happen during the rebellious teen years where your patience is tested to the utmost limits.
A woman is suppose to put her husband before the children. And the love is different.
No! Nuff said!
Yes I do





My kids need me more while they ae young.
My children are my #1
my kids are # 1
i honestly love my daughter more because im her mommy and she needs me more than anyone else. beside, she always put a smile on my face and make sure that im not lonely. As for my husband, i love him too but he can sometime be a b**** and make me sad. So therefore, i love my daughter more.
I love my son %26amp; husband differently, but my son will always be #1. My husband didn't live inside my body for 9 months %26amp; he doesn't have my cute little button nose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment