Monday, December 28, 2009

Would you forgive your spouse if they confessed to an affair and were genuinely sorry and regretful for it?

Why or why not?








I am not in this situation, this is just a surveyWould you forgive your spouse if they confessed to an affair and were genuinely sorry and regretful for it?
Wow so many people really don't believe in the words for better or worst. To me Vows are vows if she cheated on me i would take counseling and go through the whole nine yards to ensure it doesn't happen again. To answer the question yes it would take sometime to thrust the person again, with all honesty. Call me old fashioned or call it someone that actually believe in the vows. This day and age its all marriage for comfort and finances that all we are focused on. To me I Could care less the vows are the vows for literal and spiritual sake.Would you forgive your spouse if they confessed to an affair and were genuinely sorry and regretful for it?
It depends on the situation, I mean if I pushed him to it, by being distant and mean and not communicating, and someone made themselves available and listened when I pushed him away, then I should take some resposibility and be willing to forgive, if he was really sorry and willing to work things out. We are all human and make mistakes, a person has to be very humble and have a lot of love to be willing to forgive, but God forgives our many sins over and over, and we should follow his example. However, in the bible if a spouse cheats, it is understandable for us to get a divorce. So for me it would depend on the situation, I know Im imperfect and if I were the cheater but was really sorry and really loved my spouse, I would like a second chance.
Yes i would thank them for being honest about it...But i would end the relationship. because it would be hard to forgive him. Putting it aside would be easy, forgetting it would be easy, forgiving them for that would be the heardest thing to do. It's a bitter pill to swallow knowing that your trust was violated and that they had that kind of contact with another person while having a relationship with me.


I would hope that they would understand that yes, i can except the honesty now... but the relationship would have to end.. friends forever but lovers no....
well me and my hubby have been together for what it seems my life and i did make a mistake and told my hubby and he forgave me but i feel like he still don't trust me and when he does that i remind him of his imperfections and mistakes that he has made that i have forgiven
Honestly, not sure. It says something for the spouse to confess it. But that doesn't mean they wouldn't do it again. I would probably break up with the person, but it's hard to say until I was actually in the situation.
I would probable forgive (especially if this was a good relationship otherwise) if they where really sorry and I believed them, but I would not forget.
No i would not forgive them.





The reason is simple once the trust is shattered you


have nothing left. Id always be wondering in the back of


my head.
Probably, I would be lonely in prison after killing the guy she cheated with.
once a cheater...always a cheater. sorry.
I would forgive but never trust again. The marriage would be over. Forgiveness does not mean you have to trust them.
I don't think so, no. It's a betrayal which would cut too deeply for me. Sorry, what I mean is, I could forgive but not carry on as normal so the marriage would have to end.
forgive.. but keep an eye open 0_o
naw, he cheated, and if he did it once, what makes me think he is not going to do it again. and plus, who knows what diseases he has after sleeping with a hoe i dont know about.
They cheated. End of story. Once one always one and they wont EVER change..
He cheated. Breaking the rules!! If you really love them forgive them. If they do it again say bye bye!
Hell no. Plenty of other people out there that wouldn't do that to you. Why settle for that?
  • girl lipstick
  • old lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment