Monday, December 28, 2009

How is it for a first time father watching his spouse give birth in the delivery room?

I am a 19 years old, and my girlfriend is 4 months pregnant, she's due in June. Every one's happy about the new baby coming I am also, but I am very skeptical of what kind of feelings I will have, or how I shall console my girlfriend while she's giving birth in the delivery room? I mean this is my first child how long will the delivery take?, will the doctors ask the father to do anything?, and how should I make my girlfriend feel calm? during the birth giving process? I am ready for my child but I am also very, very nervous about the delivery part once that part is over I think I will be relieved a ton, and what happens after the baby is out the womb?How is it for a first time father watching his spouse give birth in the delivery room?
It is AWESOME!..


I would suggest just try to be there for her and know she WILL be in pain and will be grumpy! But let that all slide and enjoy the miracle of birth. Hold your girlfriends hand during the process and have a wet cold wash cloth handy to wipe her forehead.. The Doctor should ask you if you want to cut the umbilical cord (If not.. Make sure you tell him you want to).. He will clamp it in two places and leave a gap for you to cut with scissors. After the baby is out and momma got to enjoy holding her baby for the first time and you have cut the cord.. The baby will passed on to a few nurses and be cleaned and vitals checked.





Congratulations!How is it for a first time father watching his spouse give birth in the delivery room?
You can let the doctors know ahead of time which end you want to be at, if you have a weak stomach i would stay stay away from that end.Explain it to the dr so you wont get any surprises because sometimes it happens so fast. Deliverys can go fast are they can take forever it seems like,but i suggest if you can handle it do it all. Tell them you want to experience everythng that you can, including cuttimg the cord. Video it if you can, you dont have to get the yukky stuff.Do it ALL, its something you can never get back if you miss it. you will be just fine GOODLUCK!!!!
I think you need to sign up for childbirth classes. Going with your girlfriend will help you prepare for the process of childbirth. The educator will teach you how to help her cope and what to expect. It is well worth the time and money. I could write you a long old description here but I think it would be easier for you to attend the class instead. :-)





Good job, daddy! Good luck to you.
every women's delivery is different and i hope she has a easy one i did my husband was with me when i was in labor and it was our first and he did great and I'm sure you will too... good luck with everything
Im right there with you. My fiance is pregnant, pushing 6 months now. Shes had one before, but this is my first time around. So im the new guy at this and SCARED TO DEATH! I am eager for it, cant wait for the day to get here yet i know that im either gonna throw up or even faint while its happening. I get grossed out looking at raw chicken, so you can just image.....


Im certain we both can get through it though, and in the end it will be worth it. Good luck!
there a lot of mixed feelings involved. you will probably be excited, nervous, scared all at the same time. it is hard, however, to watch someone you love go through that kind of grueling ordeal. the best thing you can do for her is just be there for her. tell her she is doing great. don't try to tell her what to do because she will most likey resent it because in her mind, you have no idea what she is going through. there is probably some truth to that so just be supportive. in the end she will respect you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment