Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Do you volunteer your spouse to do things for other people?

Does (s)he get upset if you do?Do you volunteer your spouse to do things for other people?
All the time!!





He gets so pissed!





I made him be the Jack for our Jack in the box for a parade. It was hilarious!





Do you volunteer your spouse to do things for other people?
Hahahaha!!!!!

Report Abuse



Never. It's not up to me to schedule how he spends his time.





If someone mentioned needing his services or has asked me a question I know he might have the answer to I'll tell them I'm not sure and will later ask my husband, and then leave it up to him. If he chooses to offer his services or if he can help and wants to he will contact them himself. But I never mention it to the person I'm talking to in the first place, I don't want them expecting something from him that I can't be sure he'd be willing to give.
I'm divorced, but didn't do this when I was married. I don't think it's considerate at all to say that your partner will do something without running it by them first. I work with a guy whose wife does this. It's not uncommon for him to get a call from his wife during work in which she's telling him what she's signed him up to do that evening. She's signed him up for everything from working election booths/campaigns to coaching little league teams. She never checks with him first... just does it. I think it's very rude and inconsiderate and if I were him I would refuse to do things when she volunteered my time without checking first.
Actually, I don't. If a friend needs something from him, my first response is I'll ask him and let you know. Same goes for if the gals want to make plans, I see if he is ok with it first.





There have been times where I've said I would do something and just let him know I was doing it, but in those cases it is stuff I know he is ok with. (Like having the gals over Sunday evening for our favorite show)
Oh geeze. I had a girlfriend one time who tried to do this. I quickly set her straight.





Don't EVER make my plans for me. EVER. Period. End of sentence.





I threatened to volunteer her for all sorts of crap if she ever tried this again. They don't like it when it's on the other foot now, do they?





If asked about volunteering, I would say, ';You must have been lied to.';





Best Wishes





.
No. It shows a lack of respect for the other person in that you are not taking his/her time and life into consideration. You can contact him/her and ask if its ok, but without their consent it is a definite no. I personally would be very upset.
When we were first married, my husband owned a business and I would promise my friends that he would do work for them at a cheap rate. It took a long time for me to learn not to volunteer him because he deserved to get paid for his work. He is retired now.
Guilty sometimes. But I do say I will ask him if he has time to do it, I don't just schedule it . He does the same thing with me. We don't get upset because we can opt out.
No. That's rude and disrespectful.





If I'd like him to do something for someone, I ask him privately if he might like to and let him volunteer himself.
I don't volunteer him without first talking with him about what the job entails...he's very generous with his time but I don't take him for granted!
Yes, some times it don't upset him and some times it does.
No, I don't. But he has done it to me and I get very mad at him. I would like to be consulted about what is going on first.
I did it once and he got pissed at me saying that i wasnt aware of his schedule to plan stuffs for him .
anyone who does this type of sh*t is considered a rude motherf*cker. Don't ever make plans for your spouse.
Never. I always ask him first.

No comments:

Post a Comment