Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'm international student in UK. Can I get British citizenship through my German spouse living in Pakistan?

I'm an international student in UK from Pakistan. I just got married wd German citizen in Pakistan. Is there any way for me to become British Citizen through her German nationality? I don't want her to work for the purpose while I am having a good job in uk.I'm international student in UK. Can I get British citizenship through my German spouse living in Pakistan?
For Nationality, she must need to move to UK to live with you, and she needs to sponsor you for Settlement visa, means she must find work in UK %26amp; place to live %26amp; then u will have to go back to Pakistan to apply for Settlement Visa (if you are lucky u may be allowed to change the visa status in UK rather than going back to PK).





You will be given five years visa without restrictions and after the stay of five years in UK you will be given ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain), after three years of ILR (for spouses of British Citizens its 1 year) you will be eligible to apply for Naturalisation, once naturalised you can apply for British citizenship (that usually take 8 months from the date of Naturalisation).





Good luck.I'm international student in UK. Can I get British citizenship through my German spouse living in Pakistan?
This is very complicated legal issue. Consult a senior British Lawyer for the right answer to this . I don't think you will get convincing answer from any Y/A answerer.
Yes after living TOGETHER 5 years in 脷K

No comments:

Post a Comment