Thursday, December 31, 2009

How do you deal with your spouse's smoking problem?

I am about to have my first child, which is great, but my husband is a smoker. It didn鈥檛 really bother me when we meet but now it's a big issue. Am I wrong for feeling this way if when we meet there was not an issue over it? I know it bothers me more because my senses have changed with the pregnancy, but also I don鈥檛 want my baby to smell the smoke on her dad. My husband does not smoke in our home, but I鈥檝e noticed the way his hands and cloths smell. What should I do? How did you/ or how would you deal with this problem?How do you deal with your spouse's smoking problem?
I'm afraid there's not a lot you can do. He was a smoker when you met and married him and he was a smoker when you got pregnant, so you kind of agreed to it. Sounds rotten I know, but at least he doesn't smoke in the house and therefore won't smoke around the baby.





You can tell him how you feel, but be prepared for him to point out that he's already being as considerate as he can. It's an addiction and not an easy one to beat!How do you deal with your spouse's smoking problem?
I would make him wash his hands and brush his teeth after every cig before he goes near the baby, this might even make him decide to give up smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment