Thursday, December 31, 2009

I am getting divorced and my spouse refuses to sign contract for sale of home.?

We had a contract to sell home, my spouse showed house and even gave the lady the price he would accept. She offered 5K above his asking price and now he won't sign contract to sell and we have lost the sale. He is still hoping to get back together. No Chance of that. What can I do, we are going to be foreclosed on because we are behind in the payments! HELPI am getting divorced and my spouse refuses to sign contract for sale of home.?
Is the house listed with a REALTOR or as a FISBO? In either case you, as the co-owner, should have an equal say in whether the contract is acceptable of not. If for sale by a licensed real estate firm they should get involved with this too. He can hope all he wants to get back together but getting the house sold befor foreclosure is a must.I am getting divorced and my spouse refuses to sign contract for sale of home.?
Better make selling the house part of the divorce decree, or you'll end up back in court getting a partition suit approved.





YOU can't force a sale. A divorce judge or a property court can.

No comments:

Post a Comment