Thursday, December 31, 2009

Please answer if you are someone who screams and fights ALOT with your spouse or mate?

Did your parents fight a lot when you were growing up and do you think this kind of behavior is normal.





Why, why notPlease answer if you are someone who screams and fights ALOT with your spouse or mate?
ya it normal between husbands and wife. but there is always exceptions, i mean may be in some cases they are not made for eachother like they are to different person with different ways to think or may be they like someone else but only for the sake of their child they stay together. Like me , i always fight with my husband ,ya we are same like eachother in certain things but he cheated on me number of times and sometimes i feel i deserve a better partner but i have three kids and i want they get both of their parents. that is why i stay with him. i live for my kids. i know it is bad to fight infront of the childrens but you know when it becomes unberable you cannot stop your feelings. you sound a mature child! so try to understand what they want? about what they fight most of the time. sit with them and try to make them understand what you feel.


Best of luck.Please answer if you are someone who screams and fights ALOT with your spouse or mate?
My parents are divorced (since I was 6 months) and didn't have any communication.





I grew up with my dad.. who had many girlfriends, and many one GF that would jump out of a car at the stop lights when they would fight/ argue, and he would just leave... Today my BF jumped out of the car while we were arguing, and I just left him there-- Made walk home... I do not think this behavoir is normal, although this is what I grew up with. I used to have healthy relationships where talking was considered ';normal';... I don't know what made me revert.
Yes my parents fought ALL the time when I was growing up (until they divorced when I was 12...then they fought over the phone instead of in person)...and I've heard their parents did the same thing.I realize that this is not normal or healthy behavior...and not the way to deal with things, but it's the only way that I know how. My husband is the exact opposite and grew up in the exact opposite environment. I always feel bad about my actions later and apologize and am trying to work on my anger issues. I don't blame it on my parents but I do think that it affected me and I don't want my (future) children to grow up in the same kind of environment and turn out the same way. It's a viscious cycle.
We always always disagree, and over stupid little things, but I dont remember my parents ever fighting, they were funny, and laughed alot!! I know what youre looking for a link, as to why...Like if your parents did, then you will too. Well not always. But alot of marriages are dysfunctional, I have noticed this. I hate my spouse most of the time. I want to leave, or kick him out, but financially, I just cant. Not right now anyways. He lies and doesnt communicate. He pouts. Then yells at the kids. Because he's mad at me. Oh god, its a f....ing headache!!! I tell ya, if / when we ever split, I swear to god I think I'm done with men!!!! I will learn to be a lesbian!!! LOL.
YES THEY DID...AND NO I DO NOT THINK THIS BEHAVIOR IS NORMAL, INFACT I KNOW IT IS VERY UNHEALTHY, HOWEVER I AM HAVING A BIT OF AN ISSUE CONTROLING MY BITTERNESS FOR MY SHITTY HUSBAND!
not normal.


what happened to good old communication..


it seems that u r not on the same wave length
nope, hes just a jerk
I am on my second marriage and my husband and I fights at least once a week. Sometimes we really hash it out too.


With my first husband we hardly ever fought, but then again, we hardly ever did anything together. He did his thing and I did mine (with the kids) part of what prompted me to kick him out was his isolating behavior.





I've had many relationships in varying intensities and while I am a dynamic intense person who is prone to shouting, I've never had a relationship as loud, intense and dynamic as the one with my current husband. I think it has little to do with what I grew up with and everything to do with the types of people we are.





Both of us were abandoned by our mothers (different circumstances and different ages but same thing basically) and both of us are scared silly at the thought of becoming irrelevant in someone's life. We are both very dynamic, intense and while I tend to shout, he tends to wear a person down through persistance. In some ways we are ill-suited to having quiet discussions during disagreement; the very tendency we each have grates on the nerves of the other mightily. But in another way, we are perfectly suited; we've had to relearn how to deal with someone who fights back against our primary coping mechanism. We've had to learn how to anticipate the other's methods and use different techniques to come to understanding. Over the years we've learned to accept that we are a dynamic couple who is ';okay'; with fighting frequently and shouting occasionally. That's just how we roll, I guess.





We've been to therapy to learn how to communicate and we've learned some good things, but we've also learned that fighting andshouting, when done in a way that we are both still within our comfort zone, is ';okay';. We don't have to let a fight tear us apart if we don't want to. We don't ascribe dire consequences to fighting like some couples do, but we do have ground rules and certain understandings between us now.





';normal'; doesn't exist in healthy relationships. What makes a relationship healthy and long-lasting is a couple's ability to adapt to each other and deal with each other's flaws while accepting their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment