Thursday, December 31, 2009

My former boss recently passed away and I would like to know how I properly address a card for his spouse ?

(a woman) without offending her. ThanksMy former boss recently passed away and I would like to know how I properly address a card for his spouse ?
Do you know this woman? Have you met her? It depends on how she likes to be known.





Yes, she may want to be Mrs. John Smith, or she may style herself as Jane Smith.





Given the circumstances, you can be forgiven for using the Mrs on the death of her spouse. It really is the thought that counts more than the address.My former boss recently passed away and I would like to know how I properly address a card for his spouse ?
A proper address should never offend.





Mrs. John B. Smith





That is the only proper and formal way to address a card to a married woman.
You should write Mrs.X, but if you're really concerned just write your condolences to the family and your name and put Mrs.X on the front in the address.
Dear Mrs. John Smith..should be fine.





Be apologetic, courteous, and sincere in your words.





Re-read your writing and make sure they sound professional and kind.





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment